We are committed to improving the lives of people afflicted with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease), as well as serving their families and caregivers, throughout Nevada. Founded in 1998, the organization’s board of directors and executive director raise funds to support care services, caregiver programs and education. All funds raised are used solely for people with ALS and their caregivers living in the state of Nevada.
Our primary goals are to:
- Help those living with ALS in Nevada and family/caregivers live as full and normal a life as possible.
- Aid people living ALS through the loan of equipment or by other means.
- Serve as a liaison, linking people to available resources and information.
- Educate and inform the public as to the nature of ALS.
- Encourage scientific research for the prevention, alleviation, care, treatment and cure of ALS, as well as increase awareness of ALS at all levels of government in an effort to expand government support for research and initiate programs to provide accessible and affordable treatments and care.